Your Milky Way Horoscope Aug. 31-Sept. 6 2008
Milky Way Maid presents the R&R issue
Happy Holiday weekend to everyone! The long days of summer wind down to short, brisk autumn days. Let this issue be The Three-Day Weekend issue, covering what each sign likes to do on its long weekends/short vacations. I will still cover where the Moon is all week, and the major aspect or aspects of the week, but the focus will be on recreation and relaxation — R&R.
The Sun makes a conjunction with big bad old Saturn late afternoon on Wed. in Virgo. This may not be all bad if you always wanted to organize your closet, junk drawer, and recipe file, and clear out the email inbox. It is also good for planning and organizing; get a bunch of Virgos together to analyze an issue and work out a solution. Just resist organizing someone else’s life — no one has the right to do that to another adult. If this conjunction falls in your tenth house, this aspect can bring an award, honor, or other recognition. Congrats!
Readers can follow not only their Sun sign horoscope but also the sign of their Ascendant for further clues to how your week will develop.
– March 20-April 19 – The Moon-Venus-Mercury-Mars conjunction in Libra is in your solar seventh house of partners and the public. This conjunction may thrust you (or your spouse) in the public eye, which is not really your favorite place to be BUT if it helps get something done about an issue that concerns you, then by all means bring it on. Sun-Saturn in the solar sixth house of health forces you to accept the diagnosis and Rx of your physician. Hope it does not bring a broken bone or anything serious like that — probably you are just forced to accept some physical limitations; you cannot fly after all, Superman.Your ideal R&R is active not passive. Often your energies are poured into your home, but you may just take day trips to area parks and attractions that involve walking around NOT just sitting passively in a chair watching a show. Strolling arboretum paths, touring zoos and displays, playing with the kids on the beach and in the lake, all are acceptable low-level relaxation for you. More intense activities that are high on your list include: triathlon, marathon, cross-country bicycling, hiking in a national park or forest, white-water rafting, skiing, or any competition event.
– April 20-May 20 – No planets transit your sign this week but that’s OK. The incredible Libra conjunction of Moon-Venus-Mercury-Mars falls in your solar sixth house of work and health. I predict a terrific workday and then an enjoyable night of yoga class or perhaps a wellness lecture. The Virgo Sun-Saturn conjunction falls in your solar fifth house of children and creativity. This puts an accent on classic works — you go to revivals of plays, you rent or borrow Criterion Collection films, you appreciate anything with the stamp of approval of Time.Your ideal R&R weekend involves cooking lots of food for your clan and holding an open house. Music is an essential to your life, weekend or not. But no gathering is really complete without at least some mood music, some choice jazz or classical probably, and hopefully some taped or live entertainment. You are very likely capable of playing or singing for pay, yourself, but you hate to feel that you have to “work” at your party. You would rather relax on the couch and swap movie and book reviews.
– May 21-June 20 – The Moon-Venus-Mercury-Mars conjunction in Libra is in your solar fifth house of creativity, children and fun. Sounds like a terrific day Monday to indulge your creative urges; perhaps you are babysitting for younger family members so rather than plunk them in front of the TV, pull out some crayons, or issue them disposable cameras and turn them loose. Visit a craft supply store and then get creative as soon as you arrive home. Whip your journal entries into shape for an online blog.Your ideal R&R weekend is doing something different each day, preferably in a different city each day — with a different friend each day. Gemini is one of the more peripatetic signs so you try mightily to avoid gathering moss. Talking is a must, writing or journaling/blogging is your lifeblood. Getting your blog mentioned in a national web site would be a real high for you – and will get you emailing and texting all your friends about it.
– June 21-July 22 – The Moon-Venus-Mercury-Mars conjunction in Libra is in your solar fourth house of home and family on Monday. You may have a very full house this holiday but you do not mind manning the barbecue for a large tribe. And it is so much easier to get a team together for beach volleyball or flour-sack races. You will truly enjoy yourself that day and might be moved to invite a relative to move into your spare room or the apartment you manage. (Just set the ground rules out in the open from the start.) Alternatively you might spend your holiday weekend working on the house — painting rooms or the garage, putting in your own home-improvement project, perhaps a brick grilling area with deck.Your ideal R&R weekend is probably a family getaway to a destination that involves water in some way (water park, lake, pool, mountain stream). The accent is on the word FAMILY; you would be totally miserable on a solo vacation. It isn’t summer without cramming the car full of coolers, beach chairs, kids and wet swimsuits. Even a little picnic on a drive to the country is fun for you. I knew a Cancer lady who found different spots to have a picnic with her husband all over her locality — parks and rest stops and little quiet spots in odd out-of-the-way places.
– July 23-Aug. 22 – The great Libra conjunction of Moon-Venus-Mercury-Mars on Monday falls in your solar third house of communications, relatives and neighborhood. Your desk and email will overflow with messages, many from female relatives and friends. It is a great day to make an announcement live or online and to promote your self and business. Hand out your business cards or do an interview. That Sun-Saturn conjunction in Virgo falls in your second house of money, tho — time to get your accounting practices in order before something BAD happens.Your ideal R&R would be something like putting on your own theatrical production or carnival — something where you are the showman, ringmaster, raconteur, barker, and publicity man. One kid raised money for a medical charity with a backyard carnival in which he was “dolphin-boy” — an assistant kept throwing water over him because he was outside his natural element. You love kids too, and like your home to be a place where neighborhood kids can feel safe and welcome.
– Aug. 23-Sept. 22 – The Sun makes a conjunction with big bad old Saturn late afternoon on Wed. in Virgo. This may not be all bad if you always wanted to organize your closet, junk drawer, and recipe file, and clear out the email inbox. It is also good for planning and organizing; get a bunch of Virgos together to analyze an issue and work out a solution. Just resist organizing someone else’s life — no one has the right to do that to another adult. The great Libra conjunction of Moon-Venus-Mercury-Mars falls in your solar second house of money/resources. This can activate unused talents, or tools or supplies that have been gathering dust come out of the closet and find usefulness again. More money can of course come into your pockets from all sources.Your ideal R&R is a nice orderly trip with a tour group with a knowledgeable guide to take you to all the must-see sites. Even better is if YOU are the knowledgeable guide in question, because you even get paid to share all you know. A close second is something that involves teaching or classes or some way of imposing order on our seemingly chaotic universe. Example: organizing and labeling your collection of butterflies, stamps or postcards.
– Sept. 23-Oct. 22 – The Moon is in Libra from Mon. morn thru early afternoon on Wed. The Moon runs headlong into Venus, Mercury and Mars on Monday — you are moved by something so beautiful, you have to tell people about it and get a petition together to protect it from the bulldozer. Tuesday is a bit challenging — you might have some health issue, maybe a recurring problem. Look into visiting your local alternative practitioner for wellness tips and relief.Your ideal R&R weekend is just being in the presence of beauty. A whole weekend in a major museum would be the next thing to heaven to you. A close second is an art class, especially with a master in whatever medium you favor. Dance is another possible theme — any form, ballet, modern, jazz, even folk dancing all excite you. Viewing or judging a dance scholarship competition — a ballet festival — dance-themed films — getting together with friends who are similarly crazy for dance are all great R&R for you.
– Oct. 23-Nov. 21 – The Moon is in Scorpio from early afternoon on Wed. thru the wee hours on Sat. Thursday looks productive; you have good aspects that show you have the discipline and vision to really accomplish something, possibly as part of a team with another Scorpio, a Virgo and a Capricorn. The Sun-Saturn conjunction falls in your eleventh house of hopes/dreams and friends — so you might meet a terrific older person who becomes a great friend, or you could receive some recognition for your contributions to a club or charitable organization.Your ideal R&R weekend is one in which you get under the surface of something. Maybe you go scuba diving, maybe you do some library or field research till you get to the bottom of all the questions in your head, or maybe you really have a heart-to-heart talk with someone you wish was closer, emotionally.
– Nov. 22-Dec. 21 – The Moon is in your sign from early Sat. the 6th thru Mon. afternoon. Sounds like a weekend of your dreams, Sag. The Libra mega-conjunction of Moon-Venus-Mercury-Mars falls in your eleventh house of groups so your energies will certainly be engaged by clubs and organizations. Women may be key to these activities; make a point of taking your spouse along to your club or tagging along to her club.Your ideal R&R: You might travel for real by getting on a plane/train/auto, or in the mind by reading a book set in faraway climes. Sag also loves to go to amusement parks, so you might be found indulging in a weekend pass at a local or national site. You are never too serious anyway, and even big serious political issues are worthy of a quip or two.
– Dec. 22-Jan. 19 – Tuesday might be a bit vexing due to a Moon square Jupiter in your sign; you might overdo something. — but Thursday (with Jupiter in Capricorn trine Sun-Saturn in Virgo and sextile the Moon in Scorpio) is very productive, particularly if you team up with one or two Virgos and a Scorpio. The incredible Moon-Venus-Mercury-Mars conjunction in Libra falls in your career sector on Monday — so you will have to wait till Tuesday to enjoy the great energy and female support for your initiatives.Your ideal R&R is probably camping out. The more you rough it the more you like it. You feel that depriving yourself of certain amenities makes you appreciate them all the more when you get back to the comforts of your own home. That is very true, Cappy. Just take the bug spray along anyway, and some natural soap to bathe in the stream with.
– Jan. 20-Feb. 17 – Your Sun trines the incredible Moon-Venus-Mercury-Mars conjunction in Libra, in your solar ninth house Monday — lots of possibilities here. You might enjoy good sales of your publishing venture, be interviewed, or form your own publishing label. Religion, law and higher education are also possible themes for that day, because all of them are ninth-house fields. Libra is also linked to law and books, too. Wow.Your ideal R&R probably involves getting a group of people together to deal amicably to resolve differences, your own little United Nations, if you will. The other choice is something technologically or scientifically oriented; a visit to NASA space center is Florida to visit the museum or witness a launch — a geek fest online or live to discuss and swap shortcuts and tips — a sci-fi convention or just reading the latest sci-fi book by your fave writer. You are quite comfortable reading science journals, or like Scotty in Star Trek, appreciate the chance to catch up with your technical journals.
– Feb. 18-March 19 – The Moon is opposite Uranus in your sign Sunday; even Saturday may be vexing and upsetting. But late Tues. evening looks terrific for creative pursuits, so don’t miss your art/craft class. You may choose to pick up your own brushes or scrap-booking, or just rearrange the living room furniture. Friday morn has a trine to the Moon, so I would expect a fair amount of electronic communications from family and friends, especially Mom or daughter.Your ideal long weekend R&R involves doing absolutely NOTHING. Lying near or in a body of water sounds very good to you. Film festivals — with lots of buttered popcorn — are a close second choice for you. Perhaps a couple hours of dishing out tea and sympathy also appeal to you, but not a whole weekend; still, you might be able to shoehorn that into the weekend if you can just peel yourself off the chaise longue. Then you can dish some gossip about Friend A to Friend B for double pleasure. But you don’t call it gossiping, you feel this is your way of releasing the tension of worrying about Friend A by sharing it with Friend B.