Your Milky Way Horoscope Oct. 19-25
By Milky Way Maid
Happy birthday to Scorpios this week. Your ranks include Goldie Hawn, Eleanor Powell, Savion Glover, Anne Reinking, Princess Grace of Monaco, Marie Curie, Nicholas Culpeper, and Teddy Roosevelt.
Readers can follow not only their Sun sign horoscope but also the sign of their Ascendant for further clues to how your week will develop.
– March 20-April 19 – Look, nothing is in your sign right now. On the one hand, nothing is giving you a boost, on the other hand, nothing is holding you back or tripping you up, either. So a self-starter like you can do as much as he or she wants to right now. That is about the perfect situation for an Aries, because they really, really, hate anything that holds them back. Mercury may be opposing early Aries Suns, but Aries can get into arguing their point with the best of them. The Sun is opposing some late Aries Suns, and that can mean a battle of wills, but hey, Aries is always up for a game of tug of war.
– April 20-May 20 – The asteroid Vesta in Taurus is inconjunct Mercury in Libra in your solar sixth house. Both signs are Venus-ruled, so this stressful aspect could be resolved with some creativity and mutual respect. Areas of your life affected are the mundane workplace and also your health. Venus in Sag is galloping into place to produce a Yod aspect, with Vesta at the focal point. Sticking to your values, and finding creative ways to apply them to your challenges, will be the lesson of the month here.
– May 21-June 20 – The asteroid Pallas in your sign is squaring Uranus in Pisces; in fact there is a T-square with Saturn in Virgo. You maintain and defend your rights by sticking to legalities; you may need a lawyer or ombudsman type to effectively accomplish your goals. Your ruling planet Mercury is direct this week (it went direct on the 15th), so I am sure you feel much more like your normal self nowadays. A Gemini who cannot get his Crackberry, excuse me, Blackberry to work is not a happy camper at all.
– June 21-July 22 – The Moon is in Cancer from Sun. morn till Tues. morn. The Moon squares Mercury in Libra first then trines Mars in Scorpio; you may have to speak up about something to the kids, lay down the rules of the house (again), to re-establish a peaceful home. On Monday, the Moon opposes Jupiter, then sextiles Saturn, then trines Uranus; you are torn between generosity and breaking off support/relationships, but discipline (Saturn) and agreeing to the ground rules is going to be key to resolving your dispute.
– July 23-Aug. 22 – The Moon is in Leo from Tues. morn till early afternoon Thurs. The Moon trines Venus right off the bat Tues. afternoon; rewarding the kids with quality time, maybe encouraging them in arts and crafts, can make this a really fun period. Wednesday morn may pose some household challenge — such as repairing a furnace or stove element. The day also has some opportunities for creative solutions, possibly in devising some exercise equipment or in adapting some accounting software. Thurs. morn you may be a bit fuzzier than usual and need extra coffee; be careful driving in to work.
– Aug. 23-Sept. 22 – The Moon is in Virgo from early afternoon Thurs. till Sat. evening. The Moon sextiles Sun in Scorpio right away that afternoon, when you may hear from neighbors or friends or even someone from grade school. The Moon squares Venus in Sag in you solar fourth house of home and family, stressing relations with family members (especially the females). It may also mean you decide to spend on beautifying and updating your home; a little paint can do wonders. The Moon trining Jupiter in Capricorn in the solar fifth house adds some luck in bingo etc., or suggests getting some great advice from one of your grown children. Yes, we know they are talented and smart, just like their Virgo parent.
– Sept. 23-Oct. 22 – Mercury and the Sun still inhabit your sign. The Moon square your Mercury Sunday night suggests you are better off not mouthing off to Mom or other women; bite your tongue this once. Your Sun sextiles Pluto in Sag Tues. evening; visit the local power broker to resolve your problem. If sending an email to a friend early Wed.; read the message twice to make sure it cannot be misunderstood as an insult. In other words remember the smilies if teasing your friend. The Sun leaves your sign Wed. evening but Mercury remains till Nov. 4.
– Oct. 23-Nov. 21 – The Moon trines Mars in Scorpio in the wee hours Monday; you may get a burst of energy and be up late the previous night. The Moon squares your Mars from Leo in your solar tenth house; try to avoid digging in your heels or getting into a tug of war over little things. The Sun enters Scorpio at 9:08 pm Eastern on Wed. The Sun sextiles the Moon in Virgo, your solar eleventh house of friends and groups — so make a point of attending your club meetings and keeping up with communications, as there may be some important message or you could meet up with a helpful colleague.
– Nov. 22-Dec. 21 – The asteroids Juno in Sag and Ceres in Leo are trining each other till early November; you may have to take a supportive role to a Leo-type with a national reputation, but you complement each other well. Venus has entered your sign and will not be making aspects to other signs or planets other than the Moon; this is actually a period to explore values and artistic expression freely without constraints put upon you by formal classes. Find a reading list online, or a learn-to-draw website, or any of the tons of resources locally.
– Dec. 22-Jan. 19 – The Moon opposes Jupiter in your sign on Monday; emotional appeals can tempt you to overspend. Offer to match what a child has saved toward a goal rather than just buying the object outright. Creative solutions and negotiation are the order of the day on Wednesday, especially in regard to working out debts or joint finances. A Moon trining your sign on Friday brings a boost in mood and emotional support; enjoy a supper together with your significant other.
– Jan. 20-Feb. 17 – The North Node and Chiron in your sign are at the midpoint between Jupiter and Uranus. You can be the negotiator that comes up with a surprising resolution to a legal or technical problem. Neptune in your sign is trining the asteroid Pallas in Gemini; work on technical and legal matters regarding innovations that can bridge nations and ideologies. Neptune dissolves boundaries; the air signs are intellectual and impartial; Pallas is very inventive and also quite the legal eagle. All of them working together they can cut thru the legal and technical boundaries that keep everyone on one side or the other of divides; such as Mac/PC, or Windows/Oracle/Unix/Leopard, or Word/OpenOffice/etc.
– Feb. 18-March 19 – The Moon trines Uranus in Pisces Monday afternoon; it is a great opportunity for gaining insights on situations, or for creative expression or even for a small windfall at bingo or other games. The Moon in Leo is inconjunct your Uranus on Wed. evening; this can be a creative time also especially in resolving health and work related problems. The Moon in Virgo opposes Uranus in Pisces on Saturday in the wee hours; do not go to bed mad with a spouse Friday night, and avoid spicy or otherwise indigestible foods at supper.