Your Milky Way Horoscope Dec. 21-27, 2008
By Milky Way Maid
Happy Winter Solstice on Dec. 21! In the ancient Mayan tradition, the Sun and the North Star (Polaris) played a ball game on this date. Mayans hoped the Sun would lose the match, because a victory would mean that the Sun could continue drifting away and the days would dwindle to nothing. But since the Sun lost, it had to meekly do the bidding of Polaris and return to its former position high overhead.
The one fun aspect this week is the sextile from Mercury to Uranus — wordplay, comedy, short trips to unusual attractions, television, electronic toys, foreign performers/products are all things that may attract interest this week. And needless to say, we could all use some laughs amid all the bad news this past fall.
This is not a very auspicious week, sad to say. Sun conjunct Pluto hints at layoffs, and Saturn inconjunct Neptune suggests the personal angst of the hard workers who are let go over their own self worth. I can only say that I have been there, and just when you think that things will never get better again, something nice opens up.
Readers can follow not only their Sun sign horoscope but also the sign of their Ascendant for further clues to how your week will develop.
– March 20-April 19 – Mercury trine Saturn affecting your solar sixth house of work makes you surprisingly eager to get back to work on the Friday after Christmas. PS: The asteroid Vesta has just moved into your sign in its usual retrograde motion. It will be interesting to see how this affects you in 2009. Will you become the go-to person even more so now? Will you get involved in a home security business? Will you renounce the world and become a monk?
– April 20-May 20 – You might call on your file of secret recipes from grandma for making some of your gifts this year. I can see you making a batch of something just for fun, and giving samples — hey, this is how Paul Newman got started in the food biz. Friends will be funny and chatty, especially Wed. Try to get together even if only to watch DVDs and pop some popcorn.
– May 21-June 20 – Gee, I never think of Gemini’s as home-oriented, but with Ceres and Saturn in your solar fourth house — you will be the one putting the feast on the table and keeping the family traditions. If you have been suffering under a controlling/angry spouse, I see that influence fading away as Mars moves into Capricorn (Pluto has already made that move Nov. 28) instead of your solar seventh house of partners. If you have gotten marriage counseling to improve your relationship, congrats, and if not then you can still benefit from enrichment classes.
– June 21-July 22 – A warning as Mars and Pluto move into your solar seventh house of spouse/partner: watch for angry or controlling moods. These may be temporary and may be only due to the bad economic trends lately, but there is no reason to take it out on you. Get counseling if needed. As for the week — cuddling up with movies will be romantic; seeing a comedy show will be enjoyable especially on Wed. Your career could be on the upswing in 2009.
– July 23-Aug. 22 – Mercury trine Saturn affecting your solar sixth house of work makes you surprisingly eager to get back to work on the Friday after Christmas. I think you fall more in love with your spouse/partner this Christmas than ever before– you just like how he or she is positively radiating love. You have friends who are very competent at what they do — lawyers, counselors, profs — and so I expect you will have some special gathering with them to thank them for all their help thru the year.
– Aug. 23-Sept. 22 – Tues. is a particularly productive day that may come with a bonus of helpfulness from co-workers. Take up your spouse’s suggestion for an unusual outing Wed. (possibilities: a comedy night, seeing a foreign performer, playing electronic games); it could be one of the funnest dates you ever had. Thurs. can be quite trying as you get caught in a tug-of-war between Pisces and Sag; Advice: keep your head down that day.
– Sept. 23-Oct. 22 – Either you or your date just won’t enjoy that movie or concert late Tues.; maybe a Friday matinee is possible to take advantage of a sextile? Actually a New Year’s Eve movie marathon could be wonderfully romantic and fun for you. On Wed., the Mercury sextile Uranus affects your home and family; Mercury also conjuncts the asteroid Juno in your solar fourth house. Christmas eve will be a night of fun and laughs as you become comfortable with being the one who sets the traditions and keeps the spirit of the holiday in your home.
– Oct. 23-Nov. 21 – The Moon is in Scorpio from Sun. afternoon to Wed. morning. It is nice to know people in high places — and you may be invited to a supper with an influential neighbor, sibling or other relative. Monday is quiet with no aspects to transiting Moon, so I expect your mood will be pretty even. Tues., tho, is jumping as loved ones crowd into your home. Children may be surprising, even shocking, and/or present you with electronic toys. PS: You have an opportunity period Tues. afternoon so if you have a personal project, please spend some time on it here.
– Nov. 22-Dec. 21 – The Moon is in Sag from Wed. morn till Fri. afternoon. You probably splurge on some more home decorations Wed. — really, Sag, more is not always better. Thurs. may present a bit of a conflict between invites from relatives or neighborhood plans, and a Scrooge boss who calls you in for extra hours. Bummer, but maybe you can juggle the two somehow. Mercury trine Saturn affecting your solar tenth house of work makes you surprisingly eager to get back to work on the Friday after Christmas.
– Dec. 22-Jan. 19 – Your transiting Sun and Pluto are conjunct in Capricorn the day after the Solstice. Your desire for recognition and your willfulness can spoil the whole holiday week if you are not more flexible. Please, remember the reason for the season — and try to be the biggest giver rather than the biggest taker. The Moon is conjunct Pluto on Fri., possibly bringing a twinge of regret that some family tradition is being dropped or modified. But bite your tongue and just be glad everyone is here. A Scorpio friend can be quite helpful Tues. so send an email or call for advice their way.
– Jan. 20-Feb. 17 – Transiting Moon squares Venus in Aquarius on Tues., and may prompt you to speak up on values. This is fine if you are giving a speech or writing a letter to the editor — but if you are tempted to set Aunt Mable right on some issue, try to have a diplomatic turn of phrase ready! Other than that, you are radiating love and brotherhood this Christmas and that is so wonderful. You could win a money prize Wed. as Mercury sextiles Uranus in your solar second house.
– Feb. 18-March 19 – On Tues. morn, the Moon trine Uranus in Pisces can prompt the kind of behavior that makes some folks deem you unpredictable, so think twice before calling in sick, etc. Transiting Mercury is sextile Uranus in Pisces on Wed. morn, so listen up to that radio DJ on your morning commute; he may give out a phone number or website you want to look up. Or you might actually be able to get on the air as a call-in. What a story to tell at the holiday gatherings that will be!