Your Milky Way Horoscope Jan. 18-24
By Milky Way Maid
Venus conjoins Uranus , and the Sun joins Jupiter . The year is off to a brighter start than you might expect. Enjoy simple times with friends and family, work on fulfilling arts or crafts, borrow a comedy film from the library, and let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.
The Sun enters Aquarius Monday , the sign of the United States’ natal Moon. It is perhaps fitting that the inauguration will be this week, as the presidency represents all Americans’ hopes and wishes, and the president embodies the public’s feelings about the country. I have written a brief treatment of the Obama inauguration chart as a separate article, so do look for it.
While the stock market may be without direction for a few months yet, the Venus cycle indicates another bull market should start about April sometime and last till at least the end of the year. Until then, I think that Wall Street will be in a wait-and-see mode in regards to the new president.
Readers can follow not only their Sun sign horoscope but also the sign of their Ascendant for further clues to how your week will develop.
– March 20-April 19 – Spend time with boon companions (Sun and Jupiter in your solar eleventh house) on Sunday with Moon in Scorpio; you may enjoy a friendly rivalry or play a pickup game. You enjoy recharging your batteries that way. Tuesday afternoon is very good for ninth house stuff like higher education, legal, publishing or religious matters. Thursday morning, however, is another story, full of challenges, as we like to call them. Friday is excellent for career matters, and in fact, if you work on Saturdays, also, that may be the best day of the whole week. Mars in your tenth house of career can make things contentious till Feb. 4 when it exits Capricorn.
– April 20-May 20 – You may experience challenges in balancing the needs of your spouse with career (yours or your spouse’) Sunday. Try to put things in perspective and count your blessings while you have them. Monday favors getting together with funny, charming friends, maybe at a comedy club, or seeing a foreign film. Mars and Saturn are trining your Sun from the other earth signs; your powers of concentration are good and you can accomplish much in tasks that require slow, detailed work. This can be something at work or just a craft or artwork. It can also help you study for exams if you have gone back to school.
– May 21-June 20 – Sunday and Monday favor research due to Pluto in your eighth house sextiling the Moon in Scorpio; but in fact, Pluto’s long transit thru the eighth will help you with that long term anyway. Monday the Moon trines Venus-Uranus and sextiles Mars, helping you with career matters; maybe you can even get some national exposure in the press. I know that everyone is just trying to hang onto their jobs now, but if anyone is making bonuses, it is you. Re Pluto again, it may help you use your sex appeal in a subtle way to smooth your career, and Geminis like to flirt anyway, but maintain professional boundaries or you could suffer the fallout from misinterpreted signals.
– June 21-July 22 – The Moon is in your solar fifth house of children and creativity Sunday till midday Tuesday. Make time to focus on each child, maybe with a special story time or making cookies together. The Moon moves to your sixth house of work and health Tues.-late Thurs. Tues. afternoon should go swimmingly at the office, or you could get the A-OK from a physical. Thursday morn is quite a challenge, tho, so all I can say is keep an even keel and tell yourself you go home at 5. Friday you could feel wiped out, but Saturday you are ready to take on the world again. Your spouse’s Mars energy pulls you up, and he or she can get you laughing and in love with him/her again.
– July 23-Aug. 22 – You would just as soon cocoon at home Sunday till midday Tuesday. Your mind is on home and family matters, and you truly love your kids anyway, so you might finagle a snow day with them. Your spouse might get some great news, or just raise up your spirits with his/her Sun-Jupiter energy around Friday or Saturday. Venus and Uranus are in your eighth house – this house is how you recharge your batteries, so to speak, according to one of my teachers. Love and laughter are denoted by these planets, and I am sure that those things are not foreign to a real Leo.
– Aug. 23-Sept. 22 – You may be on the receiving end of a gift or other pleasant surprise; just be the gracious and modest person you are when accepting it, whatever it is. Don’t be like my mother and say, oh you shouldn’t have. They did, and you deserve it, so there. Also Moon in your solar third house of communications early in the week makes you feel like trying to "reach out and touch someone" so pick up the phone and try to catch up with siblings and old neighbors. Freshen up your home decorating Tuesday, or just get a jump on spring cleaning; you will feel better about your home. Thursday morning can be a challenge day, tho, as mechanical things may break or leak water. Friday and Saturday should be much better, and the Moon-Mars trining Saturn in your sign gives you great powers of concentration for detail jobs. Pull out your arts or crafts projects, or give yourself some challenging reading to do.
– Sept. 23-Oct. 22 – Money is on your mind more than usual early in the week. You might pick up some money on a sideline or hobby. Tuesday you should be able to line up some more appointments or reach clients to discuss their needs. Thursday appointments may be broken or rescheduled, or your office routine just gets scrambled due to a late rush. The Sun and Jupiter are conjunct in your fifth house of creativity and entertainment. Performers may snare a plum role or audition; artists enjoy a burst of creativity or a successful showing; parents get bragging rights about their kids; and parties and nights out just go better.
– Oct. 23-Nov. 21 – The Moon is in Scorpio very early Sunday till 12:30 Eastern time Tuesday, Inauguration Day. Moon is sextile Pluto in your solar third house this morn; this favors research and communications, so try emailing someone who has the answers or visit your local library. Also the Moon squares Jupiter and Mercury, so you may have a challenge to actually get to or find the sources you need, but your efforts should be rewarded. On Monday, Moon trines Venus and sextiles Mars in the morning; you might get positive news in a teacher conference. That evening favors comedy, jazz or rock music, or electronic/computer pastimes. But if your child takes a CD or gadget to a party with him, make sure he does not lose it.
– Nov. 22-Dec. 21 – The Moon is in Sag from midday Tuesday till the wee hours Friday. Tuesday features three nice aspects to the Moon: sextiles to Mercury, Sun and Jupiter, bing bing bing. Very nice. Circulate at local events and you are sure to run into lots of acquaintances and neighbors, just be aware that dates made today probably will be rescheduled. Wednesday the Moon squares Chiron; you may decide to see an alternative health practitioner. Thursday morn is full of challenges, ahem; squares to Venus, Uranus, Saturn – but also an opportunity period after the sextile to Neptune late a.m. till Moon enters Capricorn 1:18 am ET Friday. This op period could be artistic or spiritual, so pull out your sketchbook or meditation candles that night.
– Dec. 22-Jan. 19 – The Moon is in Capricorn from the wee hours Friday till midday Sunday. The Moon is conjunct Pluto early Friday; hope this doesn’t mean you total your car while commuting! This aspect does favor research and serious subjects, so review your notes or make another search for sources. Since it is in your first house, you might be receptive to another makeover opinion at your local beauty salon. Saturday finds you in a more positive, confident mood, with the Sun conjunct Jupiter. Moon joins Mars and trines Saturn that day; you could win a ribbon at an athletic or other formal competition. Join the team celebration afterward, for sure, because with Moon-Mars sextiling Venus, someone is sure to notice you.
– Jan. 20-Feb. 17 – The Sun joins Jupiter in your sign on Saturday, but is semi-square Venus. You may feel buoyant and confident, but better not lay money on a bet today. But in general, Jupiter moves into your sign for the next year, so prepare for a year in which you feel more positive about your life. Also prepare to gain some weight unless you stick to your regimen! Venus and Uranus are in your solar second house of money and they are conjunct this week; this is a prime opportunity for receiving gifts, finding money on the street, or little wins at local drawings — or just finding money you stashed away in a pocket or drawer.
– Feb. 18-March 19 – The Moon is in your ninth house Sunday till midday Tuesday, trining Venus-Uranus in your sign, so you might enjoy a bit of armchair travel to a romantic place. Possibly you also settle in with the latest romance novel or browse a bookstore/library. You’re more ambitious at work Tues.-Fri. Tuesday afternoon everything is smooth sailing and you could land a contract or promotion; Thursday morning is a real challenge, tho, so just keep plugging away the best you can. The Moon-Mars conjunction Saturday finds you in a great mood because it sextiles Venus-Uranus in your sign and trines Saturn in Virgo; sounds good for fun, games, and getting away from it all.